Special thanks go out to these authors for putting in the work to make these available. Let me know if you are working on a publication you would like others to know about.
1) K&P Bureau Precancel Album:
Here is a single album to mount all of your bureau precancels. $50.
Postpaid in the U.S.
2) A Subject Index To Ten Precancel Stamp
Journals, 1920-1980, compiled by Edmund B. Thomas: Originally
published in Philatelic Literature Review (2nd, 3rd, 4rth Quarters, 1982). Index
of the major precancel periodicals.
3) A Subject Index To Ten Precancel Forum,
1981-1996, compiled by Dilmond D. Postlewait. A supplement to the
4) The PDPN Story, Printed Dated
Precancel News, by Dilmond D. Postlewait. A re-print
of an article printed in the Precancel Forum covering the history
and precancels used in publishing this publication.
1) Catalogue of the Printed
Precancels of the United States, July, 1999: Lists
every stamp in the US with a printed type precancel. These
include all government issued electroplates, as well as locally
manufactured plates, typesets, multigraphs, offsets and mimeos.
Many thousands of stamps listed. Out-of-Print.
2) California General Precancel
Catalogue, April, 2000: Lists the known precancels
from the state of California. Out-of-Print.
3) Idaho General Precancel
Catalogue to 1954: Lists the known precancels from
the state of Idaho. $5.
4) Louisiana General Precancel Catalogue to
1954: Lists the known
precancels from the state of Louisiana. $5.
5) Utah General Precancel Catalogue,
September, 2000: Lists the known precancels from the state of
6) Wyoming General Checklist, May, 2000: Lists the known precancels from the state of Wyoming. $5.
1) New England Town & Type Album They are 152 pages and printed on 100lb paper. $39.00, postpaid.
1) Using a Town and Type Catalog to Start a Precancel Stamp
Collection Assistance in learning to use the PSS Town and
Type Catalog. $10.39 postpaid in the U.S. $10.81 to Canada and $12.76 to
all other countries.
1) Precanceled U.S. Postal Cards, 1874-1961 A handbook and album. List price is $65.00. Dealers may take a 30% discount for orders of three or more copies. The book is non-returnable. Shipping cost is $6.00 for a single copy; add $1.00 for each additional copy ordered at the same time and sent to the same address. Please make payment by check or money order to Josh Furman. Credit cards are not accepted..
1932 Washington Bicentennial Catalog Of Denominations On
Precancel Stamp Society Recognized Contracted And Local Types
This 220 page printed catalog is in 5.5" x 8.5" format and comes with a
CD that contains a searchable text file for the entire catalog, a file
in Microsoft Access that can be loaded into the Kimball/PSS Town & Type
Computer Program and a matching album for each state in pdf format that
you can print out. Price is $20.00 postpaid in the US and $32.00
postpaid outside the US. If you would like a copy please send a check
for the appropriate amount to Mike Gutman, PO Box 1108, Mashpee MA
02649. (Please note this is NOT a PSS publication).
© 1998-2011 Precancel Stamp Society. All rights reserved.