What are precancels?
Precancels are postage stamps that have been canceled before being used on letters or packages. Typically they are stamps cancelled with two lines, and the city and state where they were mailed. I like them because of the many ways you can collect them, and the affordability of most of them. Above all, the best part of collecting precancels are the other great collectors you’ll meet along the way.
- Application for Membership: Print to Join – First Year Free!
- PSS Publications
- PSS Club Information and History
- Upcoming Events: Meet fellow precancel collectors
- Free Sample Periodical
- Free Precancel Albums, Files, and Software for Download
- PSS Computer Program for MS Windows Free Download
- PSS Members Only
General Precancel Information:
- Getting Started: Precancel basics for beginners and the curious
- Articles: More in-depth precancel details
- Literature: Precancel catalogues & journals and where to find them
- Glossary of Terms: Definitions for precancel collectors
- Styles & Devices: PSS precancel styles and device photos
- History: Important dates in precancel history
- Dealers: Where to find precancels
- Precancel Discussion Board: Post your questions, comments, or ideas here!
- PSS Facebook Group: Interact with other collectors
- Related Links: Other precancel web sites